E-commerce has continued to drive hot demand for cold storage space, putting increased pressure on the cold storage industry. With the market heating up, it has presented undue challenges on industry leaders to operate a cold storage facility well. Fortunately, when a yard management system is put in place, it works in conjunction with a warehouse control system to keep track of inventory and ensures it remains cold throughout transportation to the last mile delivery. We all know how much of an expense it is when a trailer full of cold storage products defrost and heat up. Don’t let your money burn from the heat and see how YardView can help freeze your cold storage solutions.
True Insight into the Cold Storage Industry
Clients in the cold storage industry expect one outcome: Receive their products within their designated storage temperature in the range of 32 to 33°F. YardView’s cutting edge yard management system maintains the right cooling temperature for produce, dehydrated foods, and other perishable goods so they don’t spoil prior to arrival.
• We made a solution that easily integrates with your internal warehouse control system that streamlines automated processes, increases accuracy, boosts speed, and enhances real-time visibility for your products.
• We look beyond what needs to be maintained and continuously seek room for vast improvement with innovative technology and cooling techniques.
• The manufacturing line never stops moving, and our YMS never ceases to count inventory and pushes fluid movements to doors.
• Leverage accurate, real-time visibility with inventory to maximize space usage on the yard.
• Proactively plan, executive, and pivot priorities that ensure loading and unloading times are on schedule.
• Serve as an integral key player across every department by ensuring they have the proper tools to get the job done right.
• Deploy a best-in-class system that is easily accessible, simple to train on, and adopted swiftly for new users.
• Create accurate, detailed reports that management can use to implement improvements and make clever decisions.
Operational Benefits of Yard Management
Software in the Cold Storage Industry
It’s not just management that reaps the benefit of using a YMS. Yard management systems can easily be used, trained on, and adopted by every member of the cold storage facility, no matter the department or skill level. The benefits speak for themselves:
• Simplify the check-in/check-out process to ensure a faster throughout
and greater accuracy in arrival/departure data.
• Provide detailed insights to customers about your operation
so the understand how you help them.
• Eliminate the need for manual lot checks and automate processes with
system integrations and action-based triggers.
• Prepare comprehensive analytics, reports, key performance
indicators (KPIs) and metrics for a fast and effective way for management to make decisions.
• Gain real-time visibility on spotter productivity to easily track performance.
• Track driver productivity to ensure they are on-time and completing
tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
• Identify and remove bottlenecks within beverage product inventory.
• Gain extensive visibility into the location of assets, dock doors, available spots, dwell times, etc.
• Generate accountability for every yard member as to who did what, when,
how, and why.
• Provide actual real-time information and insights to implement
continuous improvement and efficiencies.
• Optimize trailer pools and reduce storage fees by proactively managing yard operations.
• Improve dock utilization and efficiency by managing live loads and
turn drivers quicker.
• Create and send automatic emails and alerts that are graphically displayed
and sent for the most important internal/external actions and events.
• Receive a 100% Return on Investment (ROI) in less than 4 months!
The YardView Approach to Yard Management
for the Cold Storage Industry
The ability to maintain an optimal cold storage temperature within warehouses and facilities has becoming increasingly important to manufacturers, especially when in a competitive, everchanging industry. YardView’s yard management system solution provides better quality assurance, meets regulatory and compliance standards, as well as maintains better inventory control free of errors. Here’s our approach:
• We offer extraordinary 24/7 support by a team of trained experts who answer the phone when you call and are well-equipped to address and solve every request promptly.
• Our team of support technicians sit in the United States and support
• We have a 4 week or less implementation guarantee for your
yard management system so you can have it off the ground running as
soon as possible.
• Our YMS is fully customizable to your business’s operations so you and your team is successful.
• With new enhancements and improvements every month, in advance of changing technologies, we look for ways to make the system easier to use or more powerful for the end user - YOU.