Organizations that sell products within the food manufacturing industry often benefit immensely from the implementation of a yard management system (YMS) that integrates with a warehouse management system (WMS) because it allows for complete and efficient collection control of information about each product received, stocked, packed, and transported. In the modern world, consumers want to know where their food is coming from, if it is organic, plant-based, or meat-based, just to name a few. Consumers also want to know how their food is packaged, if packaging has changed due to an increase in regulations, or if there was a spike in plastic bans. Plus, the boom of e-commerce has bestowed new challenges on the manufacturing and distribution process. With all these challenges in mind, YardView’s best-in-class yard management software provides the solution you need.
True Insight into the Food Manufacturing Industry
The role of the food manufacturing industry is to accomplish 4 main objectives: ensure customer satisfaction, provide safety to food during transportation, present detailed product information, and maintain transparent commercial viability. This is accomplished by:
• Innovating processes, products, and packaging that aligns with the consumer.
• Working with a growth in consumer pressure for sustainable products.
• Automating the food manufacturing process.
• Emphasizing health claims on packaging so consumers know what’s in their food.
• Working around rising cost pressures due to supply chain challenges.
Thankfully, YardView’s cutting edge yard management system can be integrated with any warehouse management system that provides the following solutions.
• We made a solution that easily integrates with your internal warehouse control system that streamlines automated processes, increases accuracy, boosts speed, and enhances real-time visibility for your food products.
• We look beyond what needs to be maintained and continuously seek room for vast improvement with innovative technology and cooling techniques.
• The manufacturing line never stops moving, and our YMS never ceases to count inventory and pushes fluid movements to doors.
• Leverage accurate, real-time visibility with inventory to maximize space usage on the yard.
• Proactively plan, executive, and pivot priorities that ensure loading and unloading times are on schedule.
• Serve as an integral key player across every department by ensuring they have the proper tools to get the job done right.
• Deploy a best-in-class system that is easily accessible, simple to train on, and adopted swiftly for new users.
• Create accurate, detailed reports that management can use to implement improvements and make clever decisions.
Operational Benefits of Yard Management
Software in the Food Manufacturing Industry
From the yard to the last mile, every person can benefit from using YardView’s yard management system. With it being easily used, trained on, and adopted by every member in the food manufacturing industry, no matter the department they come from or skill level they have. Let the benefits speak for themselves:
• Simplify the check-in/check-out process to ensure a faster throughout
and greater accuracy in arrival/departure data.
• Provide detailed insights to customers about your operation
so the understand how you help them.
• Eliminate the need for manual lot checks and automate processes with
system integrations and action-based triggers.
• Prepare comprehensive analytics, reports, key performance
indicators (KPIs) and metrics for a fast and effective way for management to make decisions.
• Gain real-time visibility on spotter productivity to easily track performance.
• Track driver productivity to ensure they are on-time and completing
tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
• Identify and remove bottlenecks within beverage product inventory.
• Gain extensive visibility into the location of assets, dock doors, available spots, dwell times, etc.
• Generate accountability for every yard member as to who did what, when,
how, and why.
• Provide actual real-time information and insights to implement
continuous improvement and efficiencies.
• Optimize trailer pools and reduce storage fees by proactively managing yard operations.
• Improve dock utilization and efficiency by managing live loads and
turn drivers quicker.
• Create and send automatic emails and alerts that are graphically displayed
and sent for the most important internal/external actions and events.
• Receive a 100% Return on Investment (ROI) in less than 4 months!
The YardView Approach to Yard Management
for the Food Manufacturing Industry
The ability to maintain the upmost transparency is essential to food manufacturing consumers, especially when in a competitive, everchanging industry. YardView’s yard management system solution provides better quality assurance when it comes to where the food comes from, how it is packaged, and if it meets regulatory and compliance standards. Here’s our approach:
• We offer extraordinary 24/7 support by a team of trained experts who answer the phone when you call and are well-equipped to address and solve every request promptly.
• Our team of support technicians sit in the United States and support
• We have a 4 week or less implementation guarantee for your
yard management system so you can have it off the ground running as
soon as possible.
• Our YMS is fully customizable to your business’s operations so you and your team is successful.
• With new enhancements and improvements every month, in advance of changing technologies, we look for ways to make the system easier to use or more powerful for the end user - YOU.