When dealing with the shipping and receiving of goods within the retail industry, coordinating with overseas suppliers, getting product into your stores, and vendor operations can be a complex dance that requires real-time information, automated scheduling of inbound receipts and outbound shipments, extensive visibility to what may be happening in the yard, and deciding what’s required next. Ensuring order fulfillment, returnables, and must-depart-by information are high-level keys to success. Thankfully, with the help of yard management software, a proper solution is put in place. Get rid of traditional paper trails, excel spreadsheets, and whiteboards with YardView’s YMS solution.
True Insight into the Retail Industry
On average, retail sales grow by 3.7% annually, making it more difficult to keep up with customer demand. After retail sales increased by 7% in 2020 and 14% in 2021 alone, finding ways to streamline processes while minimizing possible shipment delays is essential to keep consumers in brick-and-mortar stores. Thankfully, yard operations play a key role in how the retail industry can benefit from a yard management system.
• Both inventory carriers and customers have access to the YMS so they can view key information and important details about their favorite products down to the SKU.
• Incorporating wave scheduling management ensures that all outbound shipments and carriers leave on time, so they reach their destination.
• Receive real-time reporting and updates on incoming deliveries to see if they will be late hours in advance, streamlining processes to make efficient changes as needed to prevent delays.
• Gain an eagle-eye view of what units are in storage and how long they’ve been there.
• Access a load planning module which includes all status updates from staging to departure.
• Establish, enforce, and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify areas of improvement.
Operational Benefits of Yard
Management Software in the Retail Industry
From the yard to the last mile, every person can benefit from using YardView’s yard management system. With it being easily used, trained on, and adopted by every member of the retail industry, it doesn’t matter the department they come from or skill level they have. Let the benefits speak for themselves:
• Simplify the check-in/check-out process to ensure a faster throughout
and greater accuracy in arrival/departure data.
• Provide detailed insights to customers about your operation
so the understand how you help them.
• Eliminate the need for manual lot checks and automate processes with
system integrations and action-based triggers.
• Prepare comprehensive analytics, reports, key performance
indicators (KPIs) and metrics for a fast and effective way for management to make decisions.
• Gain real-time visibility on spotter productivity to easily track performance.
• Track driver productivity to ensure they are on-time and completing
tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
• Identify and remove bottlenecks within beverage product inventory.
• Gain extensive visibility into the location of assets, dock doors, available spots, dwell times, etc.
• Generate accountability for every yard member as to who did what, when,
how, and why.
• Provide actual real-time information and insights to implement
continuous improvement and efficiencies.
• Optimize trailer pools and reduce storage fees by proactively managing yard operations.
• Improve dock utilization and efficiency by managing live loads and
turn drivers quicker.
• Create and send automatic emails and alerts that are graphically displayed
and sent for the most important internal/external actions and events.
• Receive a 100% Return on Investment (ROI) in less than 4 months!
The YardView Approach to Yard
Management for the Retail Industry
The ability to maintain the utmost transparency is essential to retail customers, especially when in a competitive, everchanging industry. Hundreds of sites across the country utilize our yard management software to achieve added visibility in their operations. YardView’s yard management system solution provides better quality assurance, meets regulatory and compliance standards, as well as maintains better inventory control that is free of errors. Here’s our approach:
• We offer extraordinary 24/7 support by a team of trained experts who answer the phone when you call and are well-equipped to address and solve every request promptly.
• Our team of support technicians sit in the United States and support
• We have a 4 week or less implementation guarantee for your
yard management system so you can have it off the ground running as
soon as possible.
• Our YMS is fully customizable to your business’s operations so you and your team is successful.
• With new enhancements and improvements every month, in advance of changing technologies, we look for ways to make the system easier to use or more powerful for the end user - YOU.