Cypress Inland has been in business for almost 25 years and continues to grow year after year. Our product, YardView provides essential yard management services to over ninety companies worldwide. Our program provides users access to powerful real-time tracking and motion planning for trucks, trailers, and payloads across multiple sites and facilities, granting them powerful tools to optimize their production pipelines.
We are currently looking for an additional mid-to-senior-level software engineer to join us in both running and expanding our current client base. This is a mid-senior level position developing on a .net stack. We are migrating to .net Core from a VB.Net codebase.
Our current systems utilize VB.NET, ASP, and SQL Server. Familiarity with these or similar technologies will be required to provide a quick turnaround on maintenance and bugfixes, as well as the development of new features for our YardView Pro software. We work closely with our Support team and customers to triage and deploy these developments, so an ability to both speak and translate between technical and business language is also essential.
In addition, our envisioned future incorporates .NET C# Core, Entity Framework, RESTful services, Cordova and progressive web apps, as well Vue.js and other reactive libraries. We are looking for a developer familiar with some or all of these technologies, someone who can be a utility player assisting in both front and back-end technologies. We also hope for one willing to analyze and discuss approaches and tools with the team to chart the path ahead; we’d love to hear your ideas!
What You Will Do:
- Develop new customer facing features and improvements for multiple applications using asp.net (core) and typescript
- Debug and/or provide analysis for bugs, maintain legacy code
- Create unit visual tests using Selenium when possible/applicable
- Write feature documentation for your projects to be added to confluence instance
- We ask all developers follow internal coding and development guidelines, adapt to challenging technologies, and provide recommendations for improvement by leading discussions with developers and support along with participating incode reviews and leaving constructive feedback.
- Development entails migration of asp.net legacy code to modern frameworks, practicing coding standards.
- Unit testing where applicable
- Participate in pull requests and code reviews provide recommendations for improvement
- Assist in merging code and participate in continuous improvement of current practices
- Developers communicate often with support team
Qualifications – What You Will Need to Succeed:
- 3-5 years previous coding experience (.net)
- CORE experience a plus
- Full Stack with front and back-end experience
o SQL Server
o Familiarity with bootstrap and/or responsive design frameworks
o Proficiency in C# and VB (for maintenance)
- Typescript, jQuery or js
- Code review with pull request experience
- Familiarity with REST API
- Jenkins for build management
- Tools Used Azure DevOps
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical, abstraction and problem-solving skills
- Motivation to expand on projects by presenting available options back to stakeholders
Benefits & Perks:
- Cypress Inland has amazing benefits for all associates, these include Health Insurance, Fitness Benefit, 401k Plan with match, Life Insurance, and Aflac.