With inventory slimmer than ever, the automotive industry has reached an all-time high in demand from customers who want to purchase a new vehicle. Today, processes in automotive logistics are in dire need of an efficient and on-time delivery of getting vehicles to their customers. Both assembly plants and warehouses are working in the tightest of coordination conditions to keep the line running smoothly. With materials and supply chain costs increasing at an alarming rate, pausing the line for even a moment could negatively impact the entire business. Utilizing an intelligent yard management system that can schedule recurring appointments and apply quick actions when specific items are needed is an essential key to the success of your operation.
True Insight into the Automotive Industry
The automotive manufacturing industry’s main competitors are determined by efficiency, affordable prices, and maximized quality in their vehicles. Therefore, it is essential for yard managers to find ways to optimize their processes without any risk of delays, rise in costs, or shortage of labor. Below are key recommendations straight from yard operations on how to best benefit from a YMS system.
• Immediate access to automating recurring scheduling, which eliminates the risks for future delays.
• In-depth tracking and reporting of dunnage, racks, and out-to supplier runs.
• Extensive real time visibility into dock turn performance so you can identify ways to improve.
• Have access to contents of every asset in the yard down to the SKU level detail.
• Load planning modules including all statuses from staging to outgoing departures.
• Establish, enforce, and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify areas of improvement.
Operational Benefits of Yard Management
Software in the Automotive Industry
From the yard to the last mile, every person can benefit from using YardView’s yard management system. With it being easily used, trained on, and adopted by every member of the automotive industry, it doesn’t matter the department they come from or skill level they have. Let the benefits speak for themselves:
• Simplify the check-in/check-out process to ensure a faster throughout
and greater accuracy in arrival/departure data.
• Provide detailed insights to customers about your operation
so the understand how you help them.
• Eliminate the need for manual lot checks and automate processes with
system integrations and action-based triggers.
• Prepare comprehensive analytics, reports, key performance
indicators (KPIs) and metrics for a fast and effective way for management to make decisions.
• Gain real-time visibility on spotter productivity to easily track performance.
• Track driver productivity to ensure they are on-time and completing
tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
• Identify and remove bottlenecks within beverage product inventory.
• Gain extensive visibility into the location of assets, dock doors, available spots, dwell times, etc.
• Generate accountability for every yard member as to who did what, when,
how, and why.
• Provide actual real-time information and insights to implement
continuous improvement and efficiencies.
• Optimize trailer pools and reduce storage fees by proactively managing yard operations.
• Improve dock utilization and efficiency by managing live loads and
turn drivers quicker.
• Create and send automatic emails and alerts that are graphically displayed
and sent for the most important internal/external actions and events.
• Receive a 100% Return on Investment (ROI) in less than 4 months!
The YardView Approach to Yard Management
for the Automotive Industry
The ability to maintain the upmost transparency is essential to automotive consumers, especially when in a competitive, everchanging industry. YardView’s yard management system solution provides better quality assurance, meets regulatory and compliance standards, as well as maintains better inventory control that is free of errors. Here’s our approach:
• We offer extraordinary 24/7 support by a team of trained experts who answer the phone when you call and are well-equipped to address and solve every request promptly.
• Our team of support technicians sit in the United States and support
• We have a 4 week or less implementation guarantee for your
yard management system so you can have it off the ground running as
soon as possible.
• Our YMS is fully customizable to your business’s operations so you and your team is successful.
• With new enhancements and improvements every month, in advance of changing technologies, we look for ways to make the system easier to use or more powerful for the end user - YOU.